Saturday, August 11, 2007

Proef

I went to a new bar tonight and it's excellent! They have a drinking area and a separate food area, they've got a terrace outside as well. It's called Proef and it's got 22!!! beers on tap. 22 Belgian beers to be specific! Except for them 22 beers they have at least another 7 beers in bottles. One of the beers I tried was Hommel from Poperinge. Never heard from it before but what a beautiful taste. They even got their own beer: Proef Blond, brewed by the people from the Prael Brewery. Strange thing: If you look at the Proef Blond logo, you can see the name of the brewery is misspelled. On top of it all you can eat lovely food there as well and they've got live jazz music there on Sunday's. You won't find me there then, I hate jazz but this is perfect. A Belgian bar just around the corner from my house!

No comments: