Tuesday, June 5, 2007

De Bierkoning vs. The Cracked Kettle

Let's compare the two main beershops in Amsterdam. Bierkoning and the Cracked Kettle. I went to both of them this weekend...
Beers? Cracked Kettle has about 200 different ones. The Bierkoning more then 1000!CK - 0, BK - 1
Price? Cracked Kettle is more expensive then De Bierkoning.CK - 0, BK - 1
Service?, The guy in the Cracked Kettle didn't say a word and didn't offer his help.
The girl at De Bierkoning offered me to order the beer I was looking for (Radlinger) from Germany.CK - 0, BK - 1
Extra's? At the Cracked Kettle they only sell beer. At De Bierkoning they've also got books, glasses, t-shirts, giftpacks etc. etc. etc.CK - 0, BK - 1
Area? Well, I do have to give the Cracked Kettle 1 point here... Why? Well they are opposite Gollem and De Bierkoning isn't.CK - 1, BK - 0

Final Score:Cracked Kettle - 1, Beerkoning - 4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree. The cracked kettle has:

a) better service - andy and ezra are very friendly and knowledgeable. CK - 1 BK 0

b) they ship all over the world - CK - 1 BK 0

Anonymous said...

I have to say I have found the cracked kettle a great little shop from my experience, but clearly not from your visits.